Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 18, 2012

MODOT Dolly

Dolly does not have the freedom she once had.  Dogs have lived their full lives roaming free in my little town without even coming close to being hit by a car. Their owners were merely lucky and that's not how my luck runs.


She is no longer allowed to go outside in the evenings, nighttime, or early morning unless she is on a leash. I will allow her to go out when I will be out there all the time. Early mornings and evenings are a no-no due to traffic. Night is definitely out because she is black and hard to see.


Night was definitely out after I started reading stories of coyote attacks on Miniature Dachshunds to my wife Gretchen. One story was so bad I thought she was going to grab the Mossberg and go coyote hunting.  To top it off one night when she was taking Dolly for a potty run they spotted some kind of odd looking creature off in the dark that was watching them.  Gretchen always takes a walking stick with her. She tapped it on the ground and the creature ran off. She said it ean more like a bear then it did a dog.


I do allow her to roam a bit when I am out.  I put an Orange Vest on her during those times.  She almost always tries to help me put it on. The odd thing is that she obeys me better when she has the vest on.  She made two attempts to chase vehicles.  Both times I tethered her for a short time.  So the vest seems to be a reminder to her to obey.


One time one of our young friends told us she looked like a Missouri Department of Transportation worker AKA MODOT worker.  I thought that was funny. Ever since that I occasionally call her MODOT Dolly. 


She don't care what I call her just so long as I love her. She has that for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers