Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dachshunds are Disobedient

Dachshunds can be disobedient. BUT you can expect obedience in ways you never expect.

Ours loves car trips. The longer the better. I always carry a harness and leash with me.  When my wife and son has her on the leash she lunges and expects them to run with her. When I have her on the leash her behavior is different. I am disabled and cannot move fast. With me she moves slowly and occasionally stops to let me catch up.

What is really funny is when she is walking with me she struts. Her head is up and has a proud bearing and the tail is up too sometimes showing it's little flag of hair at the end.  It's like she is saying "Look here people, look at me!" "I'm with my human who I chose as my owner and I am proud of it !"

This Doxie has given me many a good laugh. When we first became aquainted if she would hear me laughing about something she would come to me to see what I was laughing about. She stopped doing that after she moved in with us but I still have the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers