Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Worse than we thought

Dolly had a painful night.I slept in the recliner to give my wife more room to be with her during the night. She slept on our bed. If it can be called sleeping. We ran her over to Horton Animal Hospital's Fourm facility. They had a bit different take on her X-rays.  They got us in to MU's vet school. They also did not charge us for the visit God bless them.

Had to use the GPS to find the vet school. This time it put me in the general vicinity of the school. Had to do some hunting to find it but not near as bad as yesterday.

I'm impressed with the vet school but that does not mean I got good news. Turns out Dolly has several broken bones. Surgery will cost about $3000. Probably more. In the past any animal I've had that required this amount of work was put to sleep. I can't do that with Dolly. She did not ask to have doors dropped on her. She was merely being a Dachshund.


This will run us out of money plus some. I have a small coin collection I can sell to pay for it. My son right now is fussing at us because we have not eaten since yesterday morning and then it was just a snack. I don't want to eat, food can go to hell right now as far as I am concerned. Right now if the fridge and the freezer was empty I would not care a whit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers